Updated Oct 29, 2013 - 10:14 am
Arizona coach: Team must maintain focus and continue to execute
"Because we can beat that team," he said.
MacIntyre's statement is belied by the fact that the Wildcats, on the road, torched the Buffaloes to the tune of 670 total yards of offense -- including 405 on the ground. Arizona managed to cruise to a comfortable victory even while committing more penalties and turning the ball over more than Colorado.
But Tuesday, when asked by Doug and Wolf, Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said he understood why MacIntyre said what he did.
"I'm sure everybody that watches us on film says the same thing, so we've got to make sure that we go out and execute."
With the win over bottom-dwelling Colorado, Arizona is now 5-2 (2-2) on the season. Though they did not enter the season with high expectations, the Wildcats are currently still in the Pac-12 South race.
Two of the teams ahead of Arizona, UCLA and Arizona State, are still left on the schedule. But while the Wildcats control their own destiny, Rodriguez said he and his team are not looking that far ahead or focused on the standings.
"I mentioned it right after the game that, 'Hey, the more you win, the more is at stake,' and we still control a lot of our own destiny in a lot of ways so that's a good thing," he said. "But other than that, we don't even look a week ahead or a day ahead; we look at the next play, we talk about winning the next play.
"That singular focus is what we have to do."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- BC's Andre Williams wins Doak Walker Award
- Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey a USA Today All-American
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey files paperwork to NFL Draft advisory board
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.