Aretha Franklin back on stage at Detroit casino
DETROIT (AP) - After recovering from an undisclosed illness, Aretha Franklin is returning to the concert stage with a December performance in her hometown of Detroit.
The Detroit News ( http://bit.ly/1h3Gbms) says the Queen of Soul will sing Dec. 21 at the MotorCity Casino Hotel's Sound Board.
Franklin is involved in recording an album for Clive Davis and Sony Music in November, produced by Don Was and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.
Franklin told reporters Oct. 16 that "the side effects were rough" from her treatment for the mystery condition and says she's "glad to be back."
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.