Aretha Franklin back on stage at Detroit casino
DETROIT (AP) - After recovering from an undisclosed illness, Aretha Franklin is returning to the concert stage with a December performance in her hometown of Detroit.
The Detroit News ( http://bit.ly/1h3Gbms) says the Queen of Soul will sing Dec. 21 at the MotorCity Casino Hotel's Sound Board.
Franklin is involved in recording an album for Clive Davis and Sony Music in November, produced by Don Was and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.
Franklin told reporters Oct. 16 that "the side effects were rough" from her treatment for the mystery condition and says she's "glad to be back."
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.