Jonas Brothers issue farewell letter to fans
The Jonas Brothers released their first album in 2006, but it wasn't until their 2007 self-titled sophomore release that sparked their successful career. After promoting the record on tour with artists including Kelly Clarkson, Jesse McCartney and the Backstreet Boys, it peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard charts.
Six years later, Joe, 24, said the music started getting stale; the brothers began butting heads. Nick, the youngest Jonas at 21, recently told "Good Morning America" the band's unaddressed complications are what led the group to split.
"It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that our time as the Jonas Brothers is over," Nick, Kevin and Joe Jonas wrote. "This decision has not come lightly, and we know that many of you will be disappointed."
The letter explained their desire to focus on solo careers and spend time being brothers. They add there's exciting ventures in the future, and the brothers will continue to support each other.
"We would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who has supported and inspired us through the years, and stood by us in this difficult decision," the letter reads.
While the group's latest album, "V," will remain uncompleted and unreleased, they still promise to give fans something special. The bros. will put out a digital-only album including four unheard studio recordings and 10 live songs from their latest summer tour.
The album will only be released to members of the groups fan club, Team Jonas. More information will soon be issued to those members.
"We hope you enjoy this album as much as we've enjoyed performing for you over the last 10 years," they wrote. "It has been an amazing experience."
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.