John Lennon's detention sheets to be auctioned
LONDON (AP) - John Lennon apparently wasn't an advocate of peace and love in high school.
A pair of the late Beatle's detention sheets show him being punished for "fighting in class," "shoving" and being a general nuisance.
The sheets from Quarry Bank High School for Boys in Liverpool are to be sold online by TracksAuction.com later this month.
One of the sheets says Lennon showed "just no interest whatsoever" in school.
The company said Monday that the detention sheets date from 1955 and 1956.
Despite his poor school record, Lennon went on to co-write some of the most memorable pop songs in music history.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.