Metal master: Bob Dylan's iron gates on show
LONDON (AP) - Bob Dylan is highlighting the iron in his soul in an art exhibition in London.
The show at the Halcyon Gallery features iron gates and sculptures by the musician, who has said that his early years in Minnesota's "iron-ore country" sparked a lifelong fascination with metal.
The "Mood Swings" show includes seven iron gates welded by Dylan from scrap iron and other metal parts, including a wrench, a roller skate, a meat grinder and lawn tools.
Gallery president Paul Green said Thursday that Dylan had "taken objects from an industrial past and resurrected them, making them live again."
ÂThe exhibition also includes paintings and car doors full of bullet holes alongside newspaper reports about underworld icons including Pretty Boy Floyd and Machine Gun Kelly.
The exhibition runs until Jan. 25
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.