Bon Jovi, Strait take home Billboard touring wins
NEW YORK (AP) - Road titan Bon Jovi has won top honors at the Billboard Touring Awards and George Strait has been named the 2013 Legend of Live.
Bon Jovi took the top tour award as the highest-grossing tour and the top draw award as the best-selling road show of the year at Thursday night's ceremony in New York honoring the concert industry's top artists, venues and professionals.
One Direction won the magazine's breakthrough award, Taylor Swift won for the best package tour and The Rolling Stones and Citi won the best concert marketing & promotion award for their collaboration on the 50 & Counting Tour.
The awards are mostly based on Billboard's Boxscore chart and box office performance for the previous year through Sept. 30.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.