Bon Jovi, Strait take home Billboard touring wins
NEW YORK (AP) - Road titan Bon Jovi has won top honors at the Billboard Touring Awards and George Strait has been named the 2013 Legend of Live.
Bon Jovi took the top tour award as the highest-grossing tour and the top draw award as the best-selling road show of the year at Thursday night's ceremony in New York honoring the concert industry's top artists, venues and professionals.
One Direction won the magazine's breakthrough award, Taylor Swift won for the best package tour and The Rolling Stones and Citi won the best concert marketing & promotion award for their collaboration on the 50 & Counting Tour.
The awards are mostly based on Billboard's Boxscore chart and box office performance for the previous year through Sept. 30.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.