Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 8:46 am
Folk singer Roy Harper charged with sex offenses
LONDON (AP) - British police say veteran folk singer-songwriter Roy Harper has been charged with sexual offenses against an underage girl during the 1970s.
Harper, who has performed with acts including Pink Floyd, faces two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under 13, three counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14 and four counts of gross indecency with a girl under 14.
Police said Friday that the alleged offenses took place between 1975 and 1977 and involve one victim.
The West Mercia force says 72-year-old Harper is due to appear in court in Hereford, western England, on Monday.
Harper, who has released more than 30 albums, provided vocals for the Pink Floyd track "Have a Cigar" and inspired the Led Zeppelin song "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.