Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 8:46 am
Folk singer Roy Harper charged with sex offenses
LONDON (AP) - British police say veteran folk singer-songwriter Roy Harper has been charged with sexual offenses against an underage girl during the 1970s.
Harper, who has performed with acts including Pink Floyd, faces two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under 13, three counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14 and four counts of gross indecency with a girl under 14.
Police said Friday that the alleged offenses took place between 1975 and 1977 and involve one victim.
The West Mercia force says 72-year-old Harper is due to appear in court in Hereford, western England, on Monday.
Harper, who has released more than 30 albums, provided vocals for the Pink Floyd track "Have a Cigar" and inspired the Led Zeppelin song "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.