Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 8:17 am
Katy Perry takes Arizona students to AMAs
When Verrado High School didn't win Katy Perry's "Roar" contest last month they were told a prize was still coming their way.
Perry had let them know she was proud of their entry and have them as her date to an event in the near future.
A prize it was.
Sunday night was the American Music Awards and in the crowd was Megan Squire with family and friends.
Squire is a cheerleader at Verrado and was the main part of the video the school turned in for the contest.
Katy and Megan from Verrado High School: pic.twitter.com/Wl6qNQqq4t— Katy Perry Lately! (@katyperrylately) November 23, 2013
Lakewood High School submission:
Verrado High School submission:
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.