Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 8:17 am
Katy Perry takes Arizona students to AMAs
When Verrado High School didn't win Katy Perry's "Roar" contest last month they were told a prize was still coming their way.
Perry had let them know she was proud of their entry and have them as her date to an event in the near future.
A prize it was.
Sunday night was the American Music Awards and in the crowd was Megan Squire with family and friends.
Squire is a cheerleader at Verrado and was the main part of the video the school turned in for the contest.
Katy and Megan from Verrado High School: pic.twitter.com/Wl6qNQqq4t— Katy Perry Lately! (@katyperrylately) November 23, 2013
Lakewood High School submission:
Verrado High School submission:
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.