Arizona's Carey named finalist for nation's top running back award
The award is given annually to the nation's best running back, and Carey has a strong case for the honor. He's rushed for 100 yards in 14 consecutive games, the longest active streak in college football, and is second in the country with 155.9 yards per game.
Carey is coming off a huge performance in Arizona's 42-16 win over Oregon. He had 206 yards and four touchdowns to help lead the Wildcats to the upset. In the game, he set school records with 3,913 career rushing yards and 49 career touchdowns, 45 of which came on the ground which is also an Arizona record.
The other two finalists are Boston College's Andre Williams and Washington's Bishop Sankey. It's likely to come down to Carey and Williams, who has rushed for 2,073 yards and 16 touchdowns already this season. He needs 556 yards in his final two games, which are against Syracuse and a to-be-determined bowl opponent, to break Barry Sanders' single season mark set in 1988.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.