Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
Sunday night, Arizona (7-5) has accepted an invitation to play in Shreveport, La. to play in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl against Boston College (7-5) on Dec. 31 at 10:30 a.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Wildcats are now headed to their fifth bowl game in six seasons dating back to the 2008 season.
The Pac-12-Big East matchup pit two of the nation's premiere running backs -- Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey and Boston College's Andre Williams -- against one another. The duo have combined for 3,818 yards on the ground to go along with 34 touchdowns this season.
In his career, Rodriguez is 3-4 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 49-48 come-from-behind victory over Nevada at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
This will be the first ever meeting between the Golden Eagles and Wildcats.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.