Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
Sunday night, Arizona (7-5) has accepted an invitation to play in Shreveport, La. to play in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl against Boston College (7-5) on Dec. 31 at 10:30 a.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Wildcats are now headed to their fifth bowl game in six seasons dating back to the 2008 season.
The Pac-12-Big East matchup pit two of the nation's premiere running backs -- Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey and Boston College's Andre Williams -- against one another. The duo have combined for 3,818 yards on the ground to go along with 34 touchdowns this season.
In his career, Rodriguez is 3-4 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 49-48 come-from-behind victory over Nevada at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
This will be the first ever meeting between the Golden Eagles and Wildcats.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.