17-city tour to mark Newport Jazz Festival's 60th
NEWPORT, R.I. (AP) - The Newport Jazz Festival is kicking off its 60th anniversary with a 17-city U.S. tour.
The concerts in February and March will feature an ensemble of jazz artists picked by festival creator George Wein (ween). They include clarinetist-saxophonist Anat Cohen, vocalist-pianist Karrin Allyson, bassists Larry Grenadier and Ben Allison, among others.
Wein says the group features artists from around the world who represent different eras and styles of jazz.
Called "Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60," the tour kicks off Feb. 8 in Atlanta and includes dates in Boston, New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Mo., and Los Angeles. Other concerts are expected later in the summer, including some dates in Europe.
This year's festival is scheduled for Aug. 1-3 in Newport.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.