17-city tour to mark Newport Jazz Festival's 60th
NEWPORT, R.I. (AP) - The Newport Jazz Festival is kicking off its 60th anniversary with a 17-city U.S. tour.
The concerts in February and March will feature an ensemble of jazz artists picked by festival creator George Wein (ween). They include clarinetist-saxophonist Anat Cohen, vocalist-pianist Karrin Allyson, bassists Larry Grenadier and Ben Allison, among others.
Wein says the group features artists from around the world who represent different eras and styles of jazz.
Called "Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60," the tour kicks off Feb. 8 in Atlanta and includes dates in Boston, New York, Chicago, Kansas City, Mo., and Los Angeles. Other concerts are expected later in the summer, including some dates in Europe.
This year's festival is scheduled for Aug. 1-3 in Newport.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.