'The Voice' champ quips about Jamaica's bad roads
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin just might motivate the government of her Caribbean homeland to fix the country's chronically rutted roads.
Chin became the season five champ of "The Voice" TV show Tuesday, eliciting jubilation in Jamaica. Her performances on the NBC singing competition were a big topic on the island for weeks and politicians lost no time in congratulating her.
When Chin won a car with the other show finalists, she quipped to host Carson Daly that "we have the worst roads" in Jamaica.
National Works Agency Deputy CEO Earl Patterson said Wednesday that he got the message, telling reporters: "Certainly the point that Tessanne made that the roads could do with more investment, that point is noted."
However, he quickly added that the island's fiscal constraints must be considered.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.