'The Voice' champ quips about Jamaica's bad roads
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin just might motivate the government of her Caribbean homeland to fix the country's chronically rutted roads.
Chin became the season five champ of "The Voice" TV show Tuesday, eliciting jubilation in Jamaica. Her performances on the NBC singing competition were a big topic on the island for weeks and politicians lost no time in congratulating her.
When Chin won a car with the other show finalists, she quipped to host Carson Daly that "we have the worst roads" in Jamaica.
National Works Agency Deputy CEO Earl Patterson said Wednesday that he got the message, telling reporters: "Certainly the point that Tessanne made that the roads could do with more investment, that point is noted."
However, he quickly added that the island's fiscal constraints must be considered.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.