'The Voice' champ quips about Jamaica's bad roads
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin just might motivate the government of her Caribbean homeland to fix the country's chronically rutted roads.
Chin became the season five champ of "The Voice" TV show Tuesday, eliciting jubilation in Jamaica. Her performances on the NBC singing competition were a big topic on the island for weeks and politicians lost no time in congratulating her.
When Chin won a car with the other show finalists, she quipped to host Carson Daly that "we have the worst roads" in Jamaica.
National Works Agency Deputy CEO Earl Patterson said Wednesday that he got the message, telling reporters: "Certainly the point that Tessanne made that the roads could do with more investment, that point is noted."
However, he quickly added that the island's fiscal constraints must be considered.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.