Katy Perry inspired many teens to 'Roar' in 2013
The trend seemed to take off after the pop star and "Good Morning America" announced the "Roar with Katy Perry" video contest.
Soon after, several lip-dub videos hit the web and went viral on YouTube. To go along with the song's theme, many of the clips featured inspiring stories from youngsters around the county.
Among them was a video created by students from Verrado High School in Buckeye, Ariz. that featured a group of teens who helped a special needs classmate make the cheerleading team.
Most recently, PEOPLE featured an uplifting "Roar" video created by a Canadian high school group who rallied behind a classmate recently diagnosed with cancer.
We can't find one "Roar" lip-dub video we don't like, so we decided to showcase some of them below.
Canadian high school Ursuline College
Arizona's Verrado High School
Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Seattle Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.