Arizona to rent marching band for AdvoCare V100 Bowl
In the gridiron matchup, Arizona will face off against Boston College at Independence Stadium. But at halftime, the Boston College marching band will share the spotlight with Northwestern State's marching band, who has been hired to fill in for the Arizona band, according to Fox 33 News in Shreveport.
The university, which located in Natchitoches, La., south of Shreveport, is well-acclaimed and expenses for the band, along with additional support, will be provided by Arizona.
"We are glad to have this opportunity to both showcase our band and help give the University of Arizona football program and its fans the best possible bowl experience, said Northwestern State Director of Bands Dr. Jeffrey C. Mathews. "Our band is excited about doing this. And we'll be dressed in cardinal red and navy blue on Dec. 31. We have been working with the staff at the University of Arizona to learn about their game day performances and what they do to support the Wildcats."
Kickoff is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.