Arizona to rent marching band for AdvoCare V100 Bowl
In the gridiron matchup, Arizona will face off against Boston College at Independence Stadium. But at halftime, the Boston College marching band will share the spotlight with Northwestern State's marching band, who has been hired to fill in for the Arizona band, according to Fox 33 News in Shreveport.
The university, which located in Natchitoches, La., south of Shreveport, is well-acclaimed and expenses for the band, along with additional support, will be provided by Arizona.
"We are glad to have this opportunity to both showcase our band and help give the University of Arizona football program and its fans the best possible bowl experience, said Northwestern State Director of Bands Dr. Jeffrey C. Mathews. "Our band is excited about doing this. And we'll be dressed in cardinal red and navy blue on Dec. 31. We have been working with the staff at the University of Arizona to learn about their game day performances and what they do to support the Wildcats."
Kickoff is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.