Arizona to rent marching band for AdvoCare V100 Bowl
In the gridiron matchup, Arizona will face off against Boston College at Independence Stadium. But at halftime, the Boston College marching band will share the spotlight with Northwestern State's marching band, who has been hired to fill in for the Arizona band, according to Fox 33 News in Shreveport.
The university, which located in Natchitoches, La., south of Shreveport, is well-acclaimed and expenses for the band, along with additional support, will be provided by Arizona.
"We are glad to have this opportunity to both showcase our band and help give the University of Arizona football program and its fans the best possible bowl experience, said Northwestern State Director of Bands Dr. Jeffrey C. Mathews. "Our band is excited about doing this. And we'll be dressed in cardinal red and navy blue on Dec. 31. We have been working with the staff at the University of Arizona to learn about their game day performances and what they do to support the Wildcats."
Kickoff is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.