Arizona to rent marching band for AdvoCare V100 Bowl
In the gridiron matchup, Arizona will face off against Boston College at Independence Stadium. But at halftime, the Boston College marching band will share the spotlight with Northwestern State's marching band, who has been hired to fill in for the Arizona band, according to Fox 33 News in Shreveport.
The university, which located in Natchitoches, La., south of Shreveport, is well-acclaimed and expenses for the band, along with additional support, will be provided by Arizona.
"We are glad to have this opportunity to both showcase our band and help give the University of Arizona football program and its fans the best possible bowl experience, said Northwestern State Director of Bands Dr. Jeffrey C. Mathews. "Our band is excited about doing this. And we'll be dressed in cardinal red and navy blue on Dec. 31. We have been working with the staff at the University of Arizona to learn about their game day performances and what they do to support the Wildcats."
Kickoff is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.