Updated Dec 31, 2013 - 5:14 pm
Arizona Wildcats' win over Boston College: By the numbers
Arizona freshman receiver Trey Griffey caught three passes for 41 yards and two touchdowns, which were the first two scores of his Arizona career.
Boston College's Andre Williams, who was fourth in the Heisman voting and won the Doak Walker Award, was held to just 75 yards and one touchdown 26 carries, which averages out to 2.9 yards per tote.
Conversely, Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who finished 10th in the Heisman voting and was beaten out for the Doak Walker award, ran 28 times for 165 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 5.9 yards per run.
The Wildcats converted on 7-of-12 third down attempts.
Arizona freshman Nate Phillips caught a team-leading and career-high 9 passes for a bowl-record 194 yards.
The Eagles possessed the ball for 35:10, which was more than 10 minutes more than the Wildcats had it.
Boston College's Alex Amidon led all receivers with 10 catches, which he turned into 129 yards.
With Tuesday's win, Rich Rodriguez now has a 16-10 record to go along with a pair of bowl victories at Arizona.
Both Arizona QB B.J. Denker and Boston College QB Chase Rettig completed 17 passes on the afternoon, but the Wildcats' signal caller did so in three fewer attempts while throwing for 72 more yards. Rettig was also picked off twice, whereas Denker did not turn the ball over.
If this was Ka'Deem Carey's final game as an Arizona Wildcat, as many think it will be, then No. 25 went out in style. He will have finished his career with a good number of school records, a pair of All-American nods and two Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year awards.
The Wildcats held a 29-point lead at the half, as they were up 35-6. It was their second-largest halftime advantage this season, trailing only the 45-6 edge they held against UNLV in the second week of the season.
It took the Wildcats all of 41 seconds to drive 92 yards for their first touchdown of the game in the first quarter.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.