Despite Eagles' loss, former Arizona standout Nick Foles impresses in playoff debut
Foles completed 23 of his 33 passes for 195 yards and two touchdowns in his playoff debut for the Philadelphia Eagles, but it was all for naught as the New Orleans Saints rallied for a 26-24 road victory in the Wild Card showdown.
For a moment, it looked as if Foles would actually play the role of the hero in the City of Brotherly Love, as his three-yard touchdown pass to rookie Zach Ertz put the Eagles on top 24-23 with 4:54 remaining in the contest. However, fellow Dallas Westlake High School alum Drew Brees promptly led New Orleans on a 10-play drive capped off by a Shayne Graham 32-yard field goal as time expired.
Including Saturday's postseason loss, Foles finished 2013 with 3,086 passing yards to go along with 29 touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.