Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 12:04 pm
Arizona AD Byrne tweets to reassure fans about Rich Rodriguez
The coach at the University of Arizona the last two seasons, Rodriguez was said to be at the top Louisville Athletic Director Tom Jurich's list.
A move to Louisville would bring Rodriguez closer to his original stomping grounds of West Virginia as well as allow him to lead a program that is set to join the ACC. There is also money, as it is believed the Cardinals could offer to pay the coach more than the Wildcats.
Monday morning, Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne sent out a tweet related to the subject.
Coach Rodriguez is doing a great job w/our FB program. We talk regularly & feel good about him being our long term HC.— Greg Byrne (@Greg_Byrne) January 6, 2014
While this is in no way a guarantee that Rodriguez isn't going anywhere, it has to be a bit reassuring to Arizona fans who may have been a bit nervous over the weekend that their coach could be on the way out the door.
In two seasons, Rodriguez has guided the Wildcats to a 16-10 record with a pair of bowl game victories. As of now, he has one of the country's best recruiting classes coming in 2014.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.