Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 12:04 pm
Arizona AD Byrne tweets to reassure fans about Rich Rodriguez
The coach at the University of Arizona the last two seasons, Rodriguez was said to be at the top Louisville Athletic Director Tom Jurich's list.
A move to Louisville would bring Rodriguez closer to his original stomping grounds of West Virginia as well as allow him to lead a program that is set to join the ACC. There is also money, as it is believed the Cardinals could offer to pay the coach more than the Wildcats.
Monday morning, Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne sent out a tweet related to the subject.
Coach Rodriguez is doing a great job w/our FB program. We talk regularly & feel good about him being our long term HC.— Greg Byrne (@Greg_Byrne) January 6, 2014
While this is in no way a guarantee that Rodriguez isn't going anywhere, it has to be a bit reassuring to Arizona fans who may have been a bit nervous over the weekend that their coach could be on the way out the door.
In two seasons, Rodriguez has guided the Wildcats to a 16-10 record with a pair of bowl game victories. As of now, he has one of the country's best recruiting classes coming in 2014.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.