Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 6:26 pm
Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey decides to turn pro
The junior has decided to forego his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
"I'm excited for the next phase of my career and to enter the NFL Draft," Carey said in a statement released by the school. "I want to thank God, my family, Coach Rodriguez, Coach Magee and all of my coaches for everything they've done for me. My time playing football for Arizona will always be very special to me and I want to thank the fans and the Tucson community for supporting me throughout my career. The future of Arizona football is bright. Bear Down."
As a junior in 2013, Carey tallied 1,885 yards and 19 touchdowns on 349 carries, and averaged 157.1 rushing yards per game.
"Ka'Deem Carey was a great player for us," head coach Rich Rodriguez said in the statement. "We wish him all the best as he pursues his professional career."
Carey leaves school as Arizona's all-time leading rusher with 4,232 yards. He also scored the most rushing touchdowns, with 48, total touchdowns, with 52, and had the most 100-yard games, with 22.
A two-time consensus All-American and 2013's Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, Carey owns or shares 26 Arizona single-game, season and career records.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.