ESPN: Arizona, Arizona State on pace for top-25 football recruiting classes
According to ESPN's Recruiting Nation, Arizona State enters Wednesday with the No. 18 class, while the UA checks in at No. 21 heading into the first day that high school seniors can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for football.
If things stay as projected, ASU and Arizona will land the Pac-12's No. 2 and 3 recruiting classes, behind only Stanford, which lands at No. 17 nationally on ESPN's list.
Neither school is expected to make many additions Wednesday, as the Wildcats have a close-to-full class of 30 verbal commitments while ASU's Todd Graham has earned 25 pledges to the Sun Devils. Arizona had "perhaps the best summer of any program," according to ESPN, while Arizona State has "strength at the top and depth throughout the class."
Scottsdale Chaparral cornerback Tyler Whiley headlines the ASU list of verbal pledges, followed by Texas receiver Nick Alexander and California wideout Jalen Harvey.
Rich Rodriguez's class is currently topped by Los Angeles athlete Marquis Ware, followed by Tucson athlete Cameron Denson and Los Angeles linebacker Jamardre Cobb.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.