Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 10:39 pm
Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
Though, it was hardly a showcase for either.
Carey, who led the Pac-12 with 1,885 rushing yards to go along with touchdowns in 2013, didn't exactly impress scouts with his 40-yard dash results at Lucas Oil Stadium. The former Wildcat's second time of 4.70 seconds ranked 29 of the 33 running back participants.
Despite entering the weekend with projections that he'd be one of if not the top running back taken in May's NFL Draft, Carey, according to CBSSports.com's Rob Rang, certainly didn't help himself.
The 5-9, 207-pound back's staggeringly slow time will certainly drop his draft stock, though he plays much faster than this workout indicates. He's an instinctive, determined runner with good quickness whose soft hands and grit as a pass blocker make him a weapon on all three downs.
As for the other local tailback, Grice was one of three running backs who didn't run the 40-yard dash.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.