Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
The wide receiver, who missed all of last season after tearing the ACL in his left knee during spring ball, will be back with the team and on the field as the Wildcats begin spring camp this year.
"He's still wearing the knee brace, I think it's just more precautionary and all that," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said Wednesday. "But he's 100 percent doing everything.
"And he actually looks bigger and stronger. He should have a big spring, and I know he's hungry to get out there too."
In 2012, as a sophomore, Hill caught 81 passes for 1,364 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Hill is set to join what figures to be one of the deepest receiver groups in the country, as it also includes last year's leader, Nate Phillips, along with Texas Transfer Cayleb Jones, Notre Dame transfer DaVonte Neal, Trey Griffey, Garic Wharton, Samajie Grant and David Richards.
"This could be as deep a receiving crew as I've ever coached," Rodriguez said. "Potentially -- and again it's that word potential -- potentially it could be the deepest receiving crew that I've ever been a part of."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?