Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
The wide receiver, who missed all of last season after tearing the ACL in his left knee during spring ball, will be back with the team and on the field as the Wildcats begin spring camp this year.
"He's still wearing the knee brace, I think it's just more precautionary and all that," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said Wednesday. "But he's 100 percent doing everything.
"And he actually looks bigger and stronger. He should have a big spring, and I know he's hungry to get out there too."
In 2012, as a sophomore, Hill caught 81 passes for 1,364 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Hill is set to join what figures to be one of the deepest receiver groups in the country, as it also includes last year's leader, Nate Phillips, along with Texas Transfer Cayleb Jones, Notre Dame transfer DaVonte Neal, Trey Griffey, Garic Wharton, Samajie Grant and David Richards.
"This could be as deep a receiving crew as I've ever coached," Rodriguez said. "Potentially -- and again it's that word potential -- potentially it could be the deepest receiving crew that I've ever been a part of."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.