Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
The wide receiver, who missed all of last season after tearing the ACL in his left knee during spring ball, will be back with the team and on the field as the Wildcats begin spring camp this year.
"He's still wearing the knee brace, I think it's just more precautionary and all that," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said Wednesday. "But he's 100 percent doing everything.
"And he actually looks bigger and stronger. He should have a big spring, and I know he's hungry to get out there too."
In 2012, as a sophomore, Hill caught 81 passes for 1,364 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Hill is set to join what figures to be one of the deepest receiver groups in the country, as it also includes last year's leader, Nate Phillips, along with Texas Transfer Cayleb Jones, Notre Dame transfer DaVonte Neal, Trey Griffey, Garic Wharton, Samajie Grant and David Richards.
"This could be as deep a receiving crew as I've ever coached," Rodriguez said. "Potentially -- and again it's that word potential -- potentially it could be the deepest receiving crew that I've ever been a part of."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.