The Pulse: Former UA running back Ka'Deem Carey likely a late-round pick
In fact, Brooks said he thinks Carey 'will shine' as a professional.
So, we at ArizonaSports.com posed the following question to our readers: In what round will Carey be selected in?
The choices were first-third round, fourth-seventh round or undrafted.
By a sizable margin, the middle option (56 percent) took home the popular vote, meaning that the majority think Carey will be a third-day pick.
It should be noted that third-day halfbacks can come in and make an impact right away. Just ask the Arizona Cardinals, who saw six-rounder Andre Ellington run for 652 yards and three touchdowns last season.
And if Carey were to drop completely out of the draft, as 26 of the 487 polled readers (five percent) voted, there's still hope for Arizona's all-time leading rusher.
After all, Pro Bowlers like Arian Foster and Priest Holmes turned out to been worthy assets.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.