The Pulse: Former UA running back Ka'Deem Carey likely a late-round pick
In fact, Brooks said he thinks Carey 'will shine' as a professional.
So, we at ArizonaSports.com posed the following question to our readers: In what round will Carey be selected in?
The choices were first-third round, fourth-seventh round or undrafted.
By a sizable margin, the middle option (56 percent) took home the popular vote, meaning that the majority think Carey will be a third-day pick.
It should be noted that third-day halfbacks can come in and make an impact right away. Just ask the Arizona Cardinals, who saw six-rounder Andre Ellington run for 652 yards and three touchdowns last season.
And if Carey were to drop completely out of the draft, as 26 of the 487 polled readers (five percent) voted, there's still hope for Arizona's all-time leading rusher.
After all, Pro Bowlers like Arian Foster and Priest Holmes turned out to been worthy assets.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.