Updated May 10, 2014 - 12:50 pm
Former UA star Ka'Deem Carey selected by Chicago Bears in 4th round of NFL Draft
Former UA star Ka'Deem Carey was selected in the 4th round -- No. 117 overall -- by the Chicago Bears on Saturday, making him the 11th running back selected.
Carey, whose 5,483 yards top the UA's all-time rushing list, led the nation in rushing as a sophomore and finished No. 3 as a senior despite missing six quarters due to suspension.
The 5-foot-10, 207-pound back likely fell in the draft due to a combination of off-the-field issues and a poor combine performance, where he posted a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash.
He had a run-in with campus police at a basketball game faced domestic violence charges, though those were eventually dropped.
Carey finished his career by crossing the 100-yard mark in 16 straight games, which is the longest streak in Pac-12 history and the longest for any FBS player in the last 10 years.
Carey also owns the Pac-12 single-game rushing mark after racking up 366 yards on the ground against Colorado as a sophomore. He was also the first UA running back to record back-to-back 200-yard rushing games.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.