Updated May 11, 2014 - 4:21 pm
Ex-UA cornerback Shaquille Richardson selected by Steelers in 5th round of NFL Draft
He went to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round at the 157th overall pick.
The 6-foot-0, 194-pound corner played four years in Tucson, starting 37 games and appearing in 49. He recorded 10 interceptions in his collegiate career.
Richardson went a little earlier than expected in the draft, as NFL.com predicted the Carson, Calif., native would get taken in the sixth or seventh round. His addition gives the Steelers some depth behind starters William Gay and Ike Taylor. Pittsburgh gave up the 13th-fewest total yards and 13th-fewest passing yards per game during an 8-8 campaign in 2013.
Richardson's former teammate, running back Ka'Deem Carey, was taken just a couple hours earlier on Saturday, going to the Chicago Bears in the fourth round at the 117th overall selection.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.