Updated May 10, 2014 - 7:00 pm
ASU, UA bounce back in 2014 NFL Draft
Not a single player from Arizona State or the University of Arizona was selected in last year's draft.
It makes sense -- both programs were at somewhat of a low point, and both were breaking in first-year coaches, which may have led to an attrition of talent the previous season.
But the two schools combined for six draftees this year, and it doesn't look like that number will be declining any time soon.
UA running back Ka'Deem Carey and ASU D-lineman Will Sutton will be teammates in Chicago, while Sun Devils Marion Grice and Carl Bradford were selected by the San Diego Chargers and Green Bay Packers, respectively.
On the UA side, Marquis Flowers was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals and Shaquille Richardson went to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
While the rivalry game itself was lopsided in ASU's favor last season, there's no denying that the talent level as a whole is on the rise. Both rosters have several potential draftees in the coming years, and both are in positions to be competitive in the Pac-12 South division.
And Saturday, in the wake of the draft, seven ASU products signed as undrafted free agents.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.