Former UA quarterback Matt Scott claimed off waivers by Bengals
Scott, who threw for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns as a senior in 2012, was claimed off of waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
A one-year starter with the Wildcats, Scott went undrafted before spending all of last season on the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice squad.
During the 2013 preseason, Scott completed 18 of 40 passes for 170 yards and an interception.
With the addition of Scott, the Bengals now have four quarterbacks in the fold, including Andy Dalton, A.J. McCarron and Jason Campbell.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.