Arizona safety Jared Tevis named one of college football's toughest players
Huguenin provided a brief explanation as to why Tevis was selected:
Tevis began his career as a hometown walk-on and has developed into one of the most productive -- and biggest-hitting -- safeties in the Pac-12. He was bothered by a badly sprained ankle in 2012, his first season as a starter, but still managed to play in 11 games and finish third on the team with 82 tackles; he also forced four fumbles. Last season, he missed two games with a knee injury but again managed to finish third on the team in tackles, with 82, and he forced three fumbles. Tevis should contend for all-league honors this fall.
Tevis paid his dues on special teams in 2011 but has since been a force to reckoned with in the Pac-12. He was named to the Pac-12 All-Academic first team in 2012 and was a All-Pac-12 honorable mention in 2012 and 2013. He also ended his 2013 season on a high note with an interception in the Wildcats' 42-19 win over Boston College in the Advocare V100 Bowl.
The 2009 graduate of Canyon Del Oro High School is already being recognized for his potential to have a big final season in Tucson. Tevis was named to the 2014 Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List in May. The award is given to the defensive player who has the largest amount of influence on his team both on and off the field.
Tevis was one of three Pac-12 players named to the list of the "toughest" in college football. University of Washington linebacker Shaq Thompson made the list at No. 8 while UCLA linebacker and running back Myles Jack ranked third.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.