Franz's 2012 NFL Power Poll - Week 3
2) Atlanta Falcons: Turner's DUI is a huge distraction before playing at San Diego...only played two games and already +7 in turnover ratio.
3) San Diego Chargers: giving up only 41 yards per game on the ground (yeah, that's #1)...trailed 3-0 in the first quarter of the first game and haven't since.
4) Baltimore Ravens: Would've bet the farm both teams would be 2-0 going into the game at New England...3rd in pts scored & 6th in points allowed is pretty darn good.
5) Green Bay Packers: Three of next four are on the road...Which stat is worse, eight sacks against or allowing 140 rushing yards per game?
6) Arizona Cardinals: I'm completely drinking Ray Horton's Kool-Aid...Being 5th-best in points allowed takes the sting away from being 5th-worst in points scored.
7) Houston Texans: Just can't give much credit to beating vs. Miami and at Jacksonville...Giving up 124 passing yards per game is impressive though.
8) New England Patriots: Really don't know what to think...anyone know why Welker didn't start?
9) Philadelphia Eagles: Already without one Jason at LT, now C Jason Kelce is out too (torn MCL & ACL)...What Ray Horton does to match up with TE Brent Celek will be fascinating.
10) Detroit Lions: They're 0-1 on a stretch of four of five on the road that will define season...The two stats keeping Detroit from greatness are yards per carry given up and turnover margin.
11) Denver Broncos: Pretty cool that Brock Osweiler was coming in for the Hail Mary...Converting 42% of third downs would look good if they weren't allowing 50% to be converted.
12) Pittsburgh Steelers: The new and improved rushing game that ownership wanted is earning 2.6 yards per carry.
13) Seattle Seahawks: Just how much will people talk about the NFC West if Seattle beats Green Bay?...Russell-mania is quarterbacking the 32nd-ranked pass offense.
14) Dallas Cowboys: I know it's early but allowing 75% of fourth down conversion attempts is a little early...So happy to hear Jerry agrees with me and wants to eliminate the "victory-formation".
15) New York Giants: Giving up 9.6 yards per pass...three of next four on the road.
16) Chicago Bears: Very interested to see who's the better vs. St. Louis...Worst fourth down defense.
17) St. Louis Rams: Losing OT Saffold before a stretch at Chicago, vs. Seattle and vs. Arizona is deadly...Giving up 5.5 yards per carry is a little steep.
18) Washington Redskins: Josh Morgan's penalty didn't lose the game for Washington but he eliminated the chance to win it...Did you think RG3 would lead the league's top-scoring offense?
19) Cincinnati Bengals: Three of next four are on the road but it's at Washington, at Jacksonville, vs. Miami & at Cleveland, so 4-2 with six home games left is very possible...Giving up 9.4 yards per pass.
20) New York Jets: Lose at Miami and it's a four-game losing streak...the vaunted Rex Ryan defense is allowing 58% of all opponents third downs to become first downs.
21) Buffalo Bills: Only two running backs to average 10 yards per carry for the first two weeks of the season are Jim Brown and C.J. Spiller.
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Granted they got torched by a great quarterback early in the season but seeing an average of 400 yards per game being given up in the passing game is crazy.
23) Indianapolis Colts: Like the schedule, win vs. Jacksonville, take your bye to prepare for Green Bay.
24) Tennessee Titans: When you walk to your car in the morning, you average more yards than Tennessee does (29 yards per game).
25) Carolina Panthers: Hosting the Giants on a short week only to meet Atlanta's offense then Seattle's defense...Cam Newton's QB rating is 100.
26) New Orleans Saints: Only 0-2 team in the NFC, proving coaching is the difference-maker.
27) Miami Dolphins: Second-best rushing team with 171 yards per game...only 2 sacks.
28) Minnesota Vikings: Christian Ponder has a 110 QB rating.
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags are 32nd in offense (and with the way FSU is playing could go lower).
30) Kansas City Chiefs: How stupid would you have to be if you thought this was a playoff team? (please read my power poll anyway).
31) Oakland Raiders: Explain this: fourth-best passing offense yet second-worst in scoring.
32) Cleveland Browns: Pretty bad team to have eight sacks already.