Updated Dec 26, 2012 - 1:03 pm
Research & Doug - Tasty tidbits from the sports world
1) The Jacksonville Jaguars only have 13 sacks.
2) No NBA player has ever averaged 17 points and 9 rebounds per game in the 16th year of their career (Tim Duncan).
3) Andy Dalton has never thrown an interception in the red zone.
4) Marvin Lewis has 76 career wins without a playoff win (2nd all-time to Jim Mora).
5) The last 15 times the No. 1 team in men's basketball has lost, 13 of those times it happened against an unranked team.
6) Over the last eight years, only one Super Bowl pitted two No. 1 seeds against each other.
7) Matthew Stafford is only 24 years of age.
8) No team has ever allowed an average of 300 yards/game for a whole season (Tampa Bay).
9) Alex Smith had a quarterback rating of 72.15 before Jim Harbaugh, but with Harbaugh has a 95.08 rating.
10) Green Bay leads the NFL with 17 touchdown passes of 20 or more yards. 11) Russell Wilson is the first player in NFL history to have three rushing touchdowns and a passing touchdown in the first half of a game.
12) Seattle is the first team since the 1950 New York Giants to score 50 or more points in two straight games.
13) Drew Brees has more games of 300 yards and four touchdowns than any player in history (17).
14) Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers are the only QBs in history to have three years of 30 or more touchdowns passes before the age of 30.
15) Peyton Manning is in the middle of his 12th season throwing 4,000 yards or more (most in NFL history).
16) No player in NFL history has ever recorded eight straight games of 100 yards receiving. Calvin Johnson is currently in a three-way tie with seven straight games.
17) Calvin Johnson is the only wide receiver in NFL history to have back-to-back 1,600-yard receiving seasons.
18) In their Thursday night loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, the Philadelphia Eagles only ran 10 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter. Six of those plays resulted in lost yardage or a turnover.
19) The Atlanta Falcons is the first team in four years to go 8-0 in their scheduled inter-division games (AFC West/NFC East).
20) The New York Giants suffered the worst shutout loss of any defending Super Bowl champion in history (34-0).
21) Washington Redskins lead the league with 1,980 yards passing on play-action passes (Kirk Cousins has 229 yards).
22) Sam Bradford has been sacked in 30 straight games.
23) Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith and Eric Dickerson are the only four players with 8,500 rushing yards and 75 rush touchdowns in their first six seasons.
24) Anyone born the day of the last Saints' home shutout, could have their first legal beer during the Saints next home shutout (27-0 vs. Los Angeles Raiders 12/16/91 & 41-0 vs Tampa Bay Bucaneers 12/16/12).
25) The Baltimore Ravens haven't given the ball to Ray Rice on third down in four different games this season.
26) The Denver Broncos had 45 rush attempts against the Ravens, the most ever by a Peyton Manning-led team.
27) J.J. Watt tackled a Colt for a loss on 10.5 percent of all plays run by Indianapolis Sunday.
28) J.J. Watt has 34.5 "disrupted dropbacks"...Aldon Smith is second with 19.5
29) The Seattle Seahawks have won their last two games by 91 points, which is the second-largest margin over two games since the 1941 Chicago Bears won consecutive contests by 95.
30) Russell Wilson is the first rookie quarterback in history to lead his team to two straight games of 50 or more points.
31) You've heard there are six players with the 25 interceptions/25 sacks tag. They are Ronde Barber, Brian Dawkins, Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, William Thomas & Adrian Wilson. Lewis and Harrison are the only 30/30 guys with Barber needing two sacks to join them.
32) The majority of San Diego Chargers' home games have been blacked out.
33) 20 minutes into the Dallas Cowboys' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday, Tony Romo threw a touchdown pass to tight end Jason Witten for the first time all year.
34) The Kansas City Chiefs totaled 119 yards, the fewest against an Oakland Raiders defense since "Houston" was born (1975).
35) Wes Welker has five seasons with 100 or more receptions (most in NFL history).
36) When Mark Sanchez threw the ball 15 yards down the field on Monday night, the Tennessee Titans caught four passes and the Jets only caught two.
37) The Titans were the worst defense in the NFL when rushing four or less, allowing a 70.6 percent completion percentage, but in the same scenario against Mark Sanchez, he could only complete 40 percent of his passes.
38) Mark Sanchez is the worst play-action quarterback in the NFL with nine interceptions and a -7 interception-to-touchdown ratio.
39) Chris Johnson has two 80-yard or more touchdown runs when there are more defenders in the box than blockers. No other back even has one.
40) Nevada set a new record with 39 first downs in a bowl game against Arizona Saturday.
41) Without Ray Allen, Boston has had their worst start to the season since their last season without Ray Allen (2006-07).
42) If Arizona men's basketball wins Tuesday night, they will be 9-0 for the first time since Steve Kerr's last year in Tucson