Ash's Random Thoughts
Published: October 14, 2009 @ 8:41am
* I am not sure what to make of the Cardinals latest victory over the Texans. The first half was great and I even found myself saying "finally they are back!" Oh then they came out of the tunnel for the second half and I found myself saying something different. The offense needs to learn how to put teams away with a big lead. They kind of did it against Jacksonville and this weekend was way too close for comfort. It was good to see Fitz get it going with a couple of TD's. This weekend will not be easy against Seattle. They are a much different team with a healthy Matt Hasselbeck. I say Cards win a close one. 27-24.
* The baseball playoffs resume this week with what I think will be two really good championship series. The Yanks and Angels both took care of their opponents in sweeps and now their rotations are set the way they want. On paper the Yankees are better, but they are always better on paper. The Angels seem to be playing with a serious purpose and it has to do with the death of their teammate Nick Adenhart earlier in the year. I say the Yankees win in 7.
* The Dodgers looked terrible down the stretch and that is why no one gave them a shot against the Cardinals in the NLDS, I guess that's why they play the games. The Dodgers took advantage of a Bill Buckner moment by Matt Holliday and never looked back and I think they will continue that in the NLCS. At the beginning of the year I picked the Yanks vs the Dodgers and I am sticking with that prediction. Joe Torre against his former team will make for great drama if this series actually happens.
* Oh by the way, I can't pick an NFL game to save my life! I am 3-12 on the year, that's right 3-12. I even have the Detroit Lions saying man that guy sucks! We make our picks against the spread every Friday at 4:40 p.m. and this week I might let my 2-year-old son Jackson pick my games. It will be like when some local TV show has a pig or chicken or something like that pick the Super Bowl winner by which plate of food they eat. Can't wait!
* This weekend me, Gambo and E will be in Dallas for the annual Red River Rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma. I love seeing big time college football and the atmosphere that comes with it. We leave Friday morning and will be doing our show from some sports bar in Texas. It should be a good weekend. Tune in Friday.