Marquette coach comments on Trent Lockett
Unlike the majority of the rash of recent transfers from ASU, Lockett is leaving for family reasons. His mother, Judy, was diagnosed with lymphoma in March, and Lockett is transferring to be closer to her. Lockett's family lives in Minnesota, just an hour flight away.
Monday, Marquette head coach Buzz Williams issued this statement about his newest Golden Eagle on the school's official website:
We are really excited to have Trent join our program. Even though his situation is unique, he will be a perfect fit for us on and off the floor. I have genuinely enjoyed getting to know Trent and his family over the last several weeks and I have great belief that he will finish his career here on a high note.
Lockett joins a Marquette team that went 27-8 overall and 14-4 in the Big East last season, and advanced to the Sweet 16 in Phoenix before falling to Florida.
Williams is returning a bulk of the talent from that squad, but does lose seniors Jae Crowder (2011 Big East Player of the Year) and Darius Johnson-Odom, so Lockett will be counted on to provide senior leadership from the day he steps on campus.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du