Ex-Sun Devil Harden wins Sixth Man Award
That's all changed now, as the third-year star for the Oklahoma City Thunder was announced as the 2011-12 NBA Sixth Man of the Year.
Harden averaged a career-high 16.8 points and 4.1 rebounds for OKC as they posted a 47-19 record -- good for the second-best record in the Western Conference. The 22-year-old southpaw has increased those numbers in the postseason, pumping in 18.3 points and 5.5 rebounds in a four-game sweep of the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks.
Harden becomes the first Arizona State product to win the award.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works