Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 2:56 pm
ASU freshman Jacobsen off to solid start
A 6-foot-10 forward, Jacobsen is averaging 4.8 points and 2.9 rebounds in 12 minutes of action per game.
The Hamilton High School product grabbed nine rebounds against Sacramento State and scored 16 points against Hartford a few days later, showing glimpses of the potential that has head coach Herb Sendek excited for the player's future even while his present has been pretty good.
"Usually you're just not as far along as somebody who's 21 or 22 years old, especially if you're a frontcourt player," Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "There's still a pretty good learning curve in terms of the level of detail that now goes into each and every game."
Sendek likened Jacobsen to former ASU star Jeff Pendergraph, who entered college quite a bit smaller than he needed to be to compete at a high level.
"Eric comes in and he already has a solid base," Sendek said. "That's one real fundamental difference, is just being physically ready to play, which he is."
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r