Arizona State freshman Eric Jacobsen has gotten off to a pretty solid start in his first season in Tempe.
A 6-foot-10 forward, Jacobsen is averaging 4.8 points and 2.9 rebounds in 12 minutes of action per game.
The Hamilton High School product grabbed nine rebounds against Sacramento State and scored 16 points against Hartford a few days later, showing glimpses of the potential that has head coach Herb Sendek excited for the player's future even while his present has been pretty good.
"Usually you're just not as far along as somebody who's 21 or 22 years old, especially if you're a frontcourt player," Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "There's still a pretty good learning curve in terms of the level of detail that now goes into each and every game."
Sendek likened Jacobsen to former ASU star Jeff Pendergraph, who entered college quite a bit smaller than he needed to be to compete at a high level.
"Eric comes in and he already has a solid base," Sendek said. "That's one real fundamental difference, is just being physically ready to play, which he is."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev