Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 11:04 am
Is ASU's Musselman a candidate for USC opening?
O'Neill was in his fourth season with the Trojans and had a 48-65 record with the school. This season, USC was 7-10 and 2-2 in the Pac-12 following a 76-59 win at Utah Saturday which snapped a 12-game road losing streak.
Bob Cantu, one of O'Neill's assistants, will guide the team on an interim basis.
But now the fun begins. Names of potential successors are already floating around, and that list includes a local figure, according to Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears.
Musselman is in his first season on Herb Sendek's staff at Arizona State, and has played a part in the Sun Devils' resurgence in 2012-13. After splitting in Oregon over the weekend, ASU is 14-3 and 3-1 in Pac-12 play as they head home to host highly-ranked in-state rival Arizona Saturday in Tempe.
Interestingly enough, Spears pulled the tweet just moments after posting it.
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.