Arizona State guard Jahii Carson is making waves in the Pac-12 Conference as a freshman, and his performance is beginning to get recognition after his impressive first half of the season.
Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com has Carson among the top freshman in the country in his Freshman of the Year rankings.
Carson continues to take the Pac-12 by storm, despite Arizona State falling back to Earth after a very impressive first two months. He's averaging 20.7 points, 4.0 assists and 3.7 rebounds in his last three games, while shooting 24-for-48 from the field during that stretch. Some say his numbers are inflated because he doesn't have many complementary options, but he's been outstanding nonetheless.
Borzello has Carson ranked No. 3 behind UNLV's Anthony Bennett and Kansas' Ben McLemore. Carson is one of two point guards in Borzello's top five, with Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart the other.
Carson is averaging 17.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game this season for a resurgent Sun Devil squad.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.