Arizona State guard Jahii Carson is making waves in the Pac-12 Conference as a freshman, and his performance is beginning to get recognition after his impressive first half of the season.
Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com has Carson among the top freshman in the country in his Freshman of the Year rankings.
Carson continues to take the Pac-12 by storm, despite Arizona State falling back to Earth after a very impressive first two months. He's averaging 20.7 points, 4.0 assists and 3.7 rebounds in his last three games, while shooting 24-for-48 from the field during that stretch. Some say his numbers are inflated because he doesn't have many complementary options, but he's been outstanding nonetheless.
Borzello has Carson ranked No. 3 behind UNLV's Anthony Bennett and Kansas' Ben McLemore. Carson is one of two point guards in Borzello's top five, with Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart the other.
Carson is averaging 17.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game this season for a resurgent Sun Devil squad.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev