Arizona State point guard and freshman sensation Jahii Carson has been nominated by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association to its 2013 Integris Wayman Tisdale Award Midseason Watch List.
Twelve of the nation's top first-year players in contention for the national freshman of the year award make up the list, as chosen by the association's board of directors.
Through 20 games, Carson leads all NCAA freshmen in free throws made (91) and free throws attempted (127), is second in minutes per game (36.5), third in assists (5.5) and fourth in scoring with 17.3 PPG. In his past five games Carson has averaged 19 points per game with 5.6 assists.
Carson's 36.5 minutes per game top the Pac-12 and are on pace to set a freshman record at ASU. Only Harvard freshman Siyani Chambers is averaging more with 37.7 minutes per game.
The award's recipient will be honored on April 15 at the Devon Energy College Basketball Awards in Oklahoma City along with the winners of The Oscar Robertson Trophy and the Henry Iba Coach of the year Award at the annual gala held the Monday following the NCAA Men's Final Four.
The other 11 players in contention for the award are: Kyle Anderson, UCLA; Isaiah Austin, Baylor; Anthony Bennett, UNLV; Yogi Ferrell, Indiana; Ben McLemore, Kansas; Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA; Nerlens Noel, Kentucky; Glenn Robinson III, Michigan; Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State; and Nik Stauskas, Michigan.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.