PULLMAN -- Jahii Carson scored 25 points and Arizona State defeated Washington State 63-59 on Thursday night for its third straight victory.
Evan Gordon had 13 points and Carrick Felix had 11 points — all in the second half — and 11 rebounds for the Sun Devils (17-4, 6-2 Pac-12), who overcame 4-for-11 free-throw shooting and a nine-point Washington State first-half lead.
Royce Woolridge scored 16 points to lead the Cougars (11-10, 2-6). Mike Ladd had 14 points, and Brock Motum matched Felix with 11 points and 11 boards. Dexter Kernich-Drew scored 10 points for Washington State.
The Sun Devils are 6-2 in the conference for the first time since 1994, and are off to their best start since 1981, when ASU began 19-2 behind Byron Scott, Fat Lever and Alton Lister.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf