Updated Feb 1, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Jahii Carson's play continues to be recognized
After being selected to the Freshman Player of the Year Watch List Thursday, the point guard's outstanding play for the Sun Devils (17-4) continued to earn him national recognition, this time by ESPN.com writer Jeremy Lundblad.
In his NCAA men's basketball January recap, Lundblad chose Carson as "Freshman of the Month," crediting the point guard's ability to shoot and dish the ball as the main reason for keeping ASU's post-season tournament hopes alive.
He averaged 17.5 PPG (third among D-I freshmen) and 4.6 APG (tied for ninth among freshmen) during the month. On the season, he's on pace to be the first major conference freshman since Shaheen Halloway in 1996-97 to average 17 PPG and 5 APG.
Carson ended the month on a high note Thursday by dropping 25 points at Washington State, with 21 of them coming in the second half, leading ASU to a 63-59 victory in Pullman.
In 21 games through the season, the frosh point guard is averaging 17.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.