Updated Feb 1, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Jahii Carson's play continues to be recognized
After being selected to the Freshman Player of the Year Watch List Thursday, the point guard's outstanding play for the Sun Devils (17-4) continued to earn him national recognition, this time by ESPN.com writer Jeremy Lundblad.
In his NCAA men's basketball January recap, Lundblad chose Carson as "Freshman of the Month," crediting the point guard's ability to shoot and dish the ball as the main reason for keeping ASU's post-season tournament hopes alive.
He averaged 17.5 PPG (third among D-I freshmen) and 4.6 APG (tied for ninth among freshmen) during the month. On the season, he's on pace to be the first major conference freshman since Shaheen Halloway in 1996-97 to average 17 PPG and 5 APG.
Carson ended the month on a high note Thursday by dropping 25 points at Washington State, with 21 of them coming in the second half, leading ASU to a 63-59 victory in Pullman.
In 21 games through the season, the frosh point guard is averaging 17.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!