Can we get a heat check for Jahii Carson?
After being selected to the Freshman Player of the Year Watch List Thursday, the point guard's outstanding play for the Sun Devils (17-4) continued to earn him national recognition, this time by ESPN.com writer Jeremy Lundblad.
In his NCAA men's basketball January recap, Lundblad chose Carson as "Freshman of the Month," crediting the point guard's ability to shoot and dish the ball as the main reason for keeping ASU's post-season tournament hopes alive.
He averaged 17.5 PPG (third among D-I freshmen) and 4.6 APG (tied for ninth among freshmen) during the month. On the season, he's on pace to be the first major conference freshman since Shaheen Halloway in 1996-97 to average 17 PPG and 5 APG.
Carson ended the month on a high note Thursday by dropping 25 points at Washington State, with 21 of them coming in the second half, leading ASU to a 63-59 victory in Pullman.
In 21 games through the season, the frosh point guard is averaging 17.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.