Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson is putting together one of the best freshman seasons in school history.
Carson, who was forced to sit last season out due to eligibility issues, is averaging 18.3 points, 5.3 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game for the surprising Sun Devils.
And, according to his coach, he's actually getting better.
"I think he continues to improve each and every day," ASU coach Herb Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "I think he's in a great place with his confidence right now."
Sendek pointed to Carson taking fewer "difficult shots" at the basket and cutting down on turnovers as signs he's elevated his play.
"He played against a pressure-oriented defense at Washington, played almost the entire game with one turnover," he said. "If you go back to some of our non-conference games that's a dramatic improvement."
Carson turned the ball over 52 times in 13 non-conference games but has committed just 19 in nine Pac-12 contests.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike