Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's overtime win against Colorado on February 16. Final score: ASU 63, Colorado 62
With their tournament hopes on the line, ASU desperately needed someone to step up in a hostile environment Saturday night against Colorado. They got the clutch performance they were seeking, but from an unlikely hero.
Evan Gordon, who was replaced by Chris Colvin in the starting lineup, hit a buzzer-beating layup in overtime to lead ASU to victory in a game they very much needed to stay in contention for a tournament berth. Gordon scored 14 points for the Devils off the bench.
Jahii Carson led the scoring charge for the Devils with 18 points and four assists. Carson had averaged a team-high 17.6 points per game prior to Saturday's contest.
ASU's struggles from the free-throw line worsened as they shot 10 of 17 for the night, which was below their season average of 61%.
The Devils also were cold from three-point range, hitting just 29% from downtown. For the season, they have made 34% from behind the three-point line.
• ASU improved to 19-7 overall and 8-5 in Pac-12 play this season.
• With their overtime win Saturday night, ASU complete a sweep against Colorado this year.
ASU will host Washington State on Wednesday, February 20. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m. MST.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.