Updated Feb 16, 2013 - 10:39 pm
Fork Report: Gordon's buzzer-beater leads ASU to crucial road win over Colorado
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's overtime win against Colorado on February 16. Final score: ASU 63, Colorado 62
With their tournament hopes on the line, ASU desperately needed someone to step up in a hostile environment Saturday night against Colorado. They got the clutch performance they were seeking, but from an unlikely hero.
Evan Gordon, who was replaced by Chris Colvin in the starting lineup, hit a buzzer-beating layup in overtime to lead ASU to victory in a game they very much needed to stay in contention for a tournament berth. Gordon scored 14 points for the Devils off the bench.
Jahii Carson led the scoring charge for the Devils with 18 points and four assists. Carson had averaged a team-high 17.6 points per game prior to Saturday's contest.
ASU's struggles from the free-throw line worsened as they shot 10 of 17 for the night, which was below their season average of 61%.
The Devils also were cold from three-point range, hitting just 29% from downtown. For the season, they have made 34% from behind the three-point line.
• ASU improved to 19-7 overall and 8-5 in Pac-12 play this season.
• With their overtime win Saturday night, ASU complete a sweep against Colorado this year.
ASU will host Washington State on Wednesday, February 20. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.