Every week, ESPN's premier college basketball analyst Jay Bilas files his Weekly Report on ESPN.com.
This week's report focuses on the top five freshman in the country, and while the list doesn't included huge names like UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad and Baylor's Isaiah Austin, it does include one familiar to ASU fans.
Bilas lists Sun Devil point guard Jahii Carson as the fourth-best freshman in the country.
Said Bilas about Carson:
Five-ten, jet quick, an outstanding point guard who can really score. He's averaging over 18 points per game, five assists per game and shoots about 46 percent from the field. Also, a solid defender who can stay in front at the point guard position and put good pressure on the ball.
Carson joined Michigan State's Gary Harris, UNLV's Anthony Bennett, Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart and Kansas' Ben McLemore on Bilas' countdown.
Carson and the Sun Devils host the Washington State Cougars and Washington Huskies at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe Wednesday and Sunday.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike