Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 3:55 pm
Steve Patterson likes ASU's chances to make NCAA Tournament
The consensus among college hoops experts is that the Sun Devils are squarely on the bubble to join the field for this year's NCAA Tournament.
One person who understandably has a good feeling about the Devils' Big Dance hopes is Arizona State vice president for university athletics Steve Patterson, who told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Thursday that Saturday's home finale against Washington looms large.
"I think we've got a good shot. We need to get a win on Saturday -- it's a big night for us, it's a late game on television at nine o'clock.
"I think if we get that win and I think it would be good if we got one more win on the road, then I think we're in a pretty good position."
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, Patterson is happy with the growth the basketball program has seen this season.
"The last four games, it's the first time the school has had over student attendance over a thousand every game -- they were great (Wednesday) night, there was a lot of fun antics to watch," he said. "There's a lot of good buzz around the program right now."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.