Steve Patterson likes ASU's chances to make NCAA Tournament
The consensus among college hoops experts is that the Sun Devils are squarely on the bubble to join the field for this year's NCAA Tournament.
One person who understandably has a good feeling about the Devils' Big Dance hopes is Arizona State vice president for university athletics Steve Patterson, who told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Thursday that Saturday's home finale against Washington looms large.
"I think we've got a good shot. We need to get a win on Saturday -- it's a big night for us, it's a late game on television at nine o'clock.
"I think if we get that win and I think it would be good if we got one more win on the road, then I think we're in a pretty good position."
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, Patterson is happy with the growth the basketball program has seen this season.
"The last four games, it's the first time the school has had over student attendance over a thousand every game -- they were great (Wednesday) night, there was a lot of fun antics to watch," he said. "There's a lot of good buzz around the program right now."
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.